Dredger float on a new section of the Suez canal during a media tour in Ismailia, Egypt, Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2015. The head of the Suez Canal Authority, Mohab Mameesh, says work is on schedule and that so far, 86 percent of the dry digging and 21 percent of the dredging has been completed, with the new section expected to be completed in August 2015. (AP Photo/Hassan Ammar)
Related Articles
Suspected Egyptian spy discovered in Angela Merkel’s press office
German police said on Thursday (9 July) that they had opened an investigation against an alleged Egyptian spy working for Chancellor Angela Merkel’s press office. The man is suspected “of having worked for years for an Egyptian intelligence service,” German Internal Intelligence said in a report, adding that the investigation opened in December 2019 “continues” […]
Egypt’s CIB receives $250 million loans from IFC for multiple purposes including green projects
Egyptian private Commercial International Bank (CIB) indicated Sunday it received $250 million from the International Financial Corporation (IFC) in form of multiple loans to be used to support its capital and fund green projects. The first loan has a value of $150 million and a 10-year term, including $90 million for the refinancing of outstanding […]
Polisario Experiences Bitter Taste of Legal Maneuvers against Morocco
The Polisario has incurred a new setback in its legal maneuvers against Morocco after the Kingdom’s phosphate company, OCP, restored ownership of a 55,000 tons of phosphates rock unlawfully held in South Africa following a legal challenge by the Polisario. The cargo on board Cherry Blossom was seized in South Africa since May 2017 after […]



