Dredger float on a new section of the Suez canal during a media tour in Ismailia, Egypt, Wednesday, Feb. 4, 2015. The head of the Suez Canal Authority, Mohab Mameesh, says work is on schedule and that so far, 86 percent of the dry digging and 21 percent of the dredging has been completed, with the new section expected to be completed in August 2015. (AP Photo/Hassan Ammar)
Related Articles
Morocco: Amazigh New Year Becomes Official National Holiday
King Mohammed VI of Morocco decided to declare the first day of the Amazigh year as a national paid holiday in line with the constitution which gives an official character to the language alongside Arabic, the Royal Household said in a statement on Wednesday. Morocco gave the language an official character in 2011 and the […]
Morocco’s RAM mulls reopening Casablanca-Beijing direct flights
Morocco’s flag carrier RAM is considering reopening direct flights between Casablanca and Beijing, after a four-year pause that started with the outbreak of Covid 19, a RAM source said. With the expected increase in its fleet, RAM would relaunch direct Morocco-China flights in early 2025, a RAM source told Hespress. RAM used to operate three […]
Morocco Gets Strong Financial Support from EBRD
The European Bank for Reconstruction & Development has stepped up its financial support to Morocco’s public and private institutions in a bid to boost the North African country’s economic growth. The European Bank has increased its support to Morocco’s renewable energy sector with a loan of up to € 35 million to the Office National […]



