A joint United Nations humanitarian convoy has reached the Sudanese cities of Dilling and Kadugli in South Kordofan state, delivering life-saving assistance to more than 130,000 people after a three-month interruption.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the World Food Programme, UNICEF, and the United Nations Development Programme confirmed that the 26-truck convoy transported over 700 metric tonnes of food and 70 metric tonnes of medical supplies.
The agencies described the delivery as the first large-scale humanitarian operation into the area in three months, following prolonged delays and security constraints. Makena Walker, acting country director for WFP in Sudan, said the convoy had faced weeks of delays and was forced to take a lengthy off-road detour after intensified hostilities along the main El Obeid–Dilling–Kadugli route halted movement for more than 40 days.
Sheldon Yett, UNICEF’s representative in Sudan, said the supplies would enable partners to continue treatment for children suffering from severe acute malnutrition and help restore access to safe water, healthcare and other essential services.
Kadugli, the capital of South Kordofan, and Dilling, the state’s second-largest city, had been effectively cut off from sustained humanitarian assistance for over two years, resulting in acute shortages.
On 26 January 2026, the Sudanese Armed Forces announced it had entered Dilling. On 3 February 2026, it declared that it had broken a more than two-year siege of Kadugli imposed by the Rapid Support Forces and their allies in the Sudan People’s Liberation Movement-North.
Sudan has been gripped by conflict between the SAF and RSF since mid-April 2023. The war has killed tens of thousands and triggered what the United Nations describes as the world’s largest displacement crisis. The UN agencies called on all parties to respect international humanitarian law and ensure immediate, unimpeded access to civilians in need.



