The Sudanese army has repelled an attack by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) and allied Sudan People’s Liberation Movement (SPLM) in Qaisan city, Blue Nile State, near the Ethiopian border, authorities said this Tuesday, August 11, 2026.
The Qaisan governorate said the attack targeted farmers during the harvest season and described it as a “full-fledged war crime”, accusing the attackers of threatening civilians’ livelihoods and security. No casualties had been confirmed, and the RSF had not immediately commented on the report.
The Sudanese army said on July 10 that its forces had also repelled an attack on the areas of Deim Saad and Yara in Qaisan governorate. Sudan’s army controls large parts of Blue Nile State, while the SPLM has fought the government since 2011, seeking greater autonomy for Blue Nile and South Kordofan.
The RSF and Sudanese army have been at war since April 2023, following a dispute over the proposed integration of the paramilitary force into the national military. The conflict has killed tens of thousands, displaced about 13 million people and contributed to famine and a severe humanitarian crisis.



