Chinese Company Wins Contract to Build Africa’s Tallest Skyscraper in Rabat

Chinese Company Wins Contract to Build Africa’s Tallest Skyscraper in Rabat

State-owned giant China Railway Construction Corporation (CRCC) has won the contract to build Africa’s tallest skyscraper in Morocco’s capital Rabat.

The Chinese company said in a statement that it will build the 250-meter-tall edifice in cooperation with Morocco’s largest contractor, The General Construction Company of Casablanca (TGCC).

CRCC said it will take responsibility for 60% of the project, which is budgeted at $380 million, while their Moroccan partners will handle the other 40%.

The skyscraper will be home to office space, luxury apartments and hotels.
The tower will adopt ecological and sustainable design concepts. The total designed floor space is 86,000 square meters.

Named, Rabat Tower, the Skyscrapper is owned by one of Morocco’s top billionaires Othmane Benjelloun through his Paris-based money management firm, FinanceCom Asset Management.

Benjelloun is also chairman of BMCE bank, the largest in Africa with operations in more than 20 countries. The billionaire is also planning to build a 30-story rocket-shaped tower that will loom over Casablanca.

CATEGORIES
Share This

COMMENTS

Wordpress (0)
Disqus ( )