The figure, which remains preliminary for the moment, was announced by the Ministry of Health Saturday evening pending the availability of full figures.
The head of the population department at the Health Ministry Abdelhakim Yahyan told 2M TV that by Saturday 90,000 people received their first shots of the anti-Covid-19 vaccine.
The official said that the ministry notes with satisfaction the successful launch of the national vaccination campaign again Covid-19.
Moreover, he revealed that the Ministry has a schedule for «receiving other batches of the vaccine», without giving a precise date.
The vaccination campaign was launched Thursday by King Mohammed VI who received the first dose of the vaccine in his royal palace in Fez.
The first phase of Morocco’s vaccination campaign will cover people in the forefront in the COVID-19 fight, including doctors, security services, teachers, and people at risk of getting infected.
The country plans to vaccinate 25 million people who are over 18 years old starting with health workers, security forces, the army, teachers and old people over 75.
Morocco has so far received two million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine and half a million doses of the Sinopharm vaccine.
In recent weeks, health authorities have reported decreasing numbers of daily new coronavirus cases with more recoveries than new cases, a good sign after a year of collective sacrifices to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus in Morocco.