Morocco confirmed 54 coronavirus cases including two deaths and one recovery, health minister Khalid Ait Taleb said, warning that while most cases are imported from Europe, there were also locally transmitted cases that require further vigilance.
Many cases who contracted the virus locally were found in clusters, said the minister, urging citizens to abide by the protective measures.
Morocco asked citizens to self-quarantine and not to leave home except to buy food, seek treatment or work.
Morocco has 44 hospitals equipped to treat covid-19 cases and has 1640 intensive care beds in total, said the minister adding that a further 250 intensive care beds will be made available.
The health ministry received in one day 2000 calls on its number dedicated to covid-19.
King Mohammed VI ordered on Tuesday the use of military hospitals to back up the health infrastructure wherever necessary.
A fund to counter the pandemic outbreak continues to receive funds from different public and private companies, public institutions and individuals. So far, more than 16 billion dirhams have been donated.
Meanwhile, Moroccan authorities reassured citizens of the availability of food-stuff and energy after a panic-buying spree characterized the previous days.