No Case of Coronavirus Reported so Far in Morocco, Official
No case of coronavirus infection has been reported so far in Morocco, Minister of State for Human Rights and Relations with Parliament Mustapha Ramid said on Monday in Rabat.
The national epidemiological surveillance system helped monitor five suspected cases who tested negative to the new coronavirus, said the minister, who was speaking at the weekly question time in the House of representatives.
The minister assured that all preventive measures have been adopted to prevent any risk of contamination, in implementation of royal instructions, recalling the establishment of a joint commission for epidemiological surveillance. The commission is composed of the Health Ministry, the Royal Gendarmerie, the military medical services, the Interior Ministry, civil defense and others.
Regarding preventive measures, the official noted that the government, well aware of the importance of health surveillance and vigilance and proactive measures in emergency cases, has taken the required preventive measures including medical control at ports and airports, epidemiological monitoring and vigilance, health care for possible cases and contacts with members of the Moroccan community residing in China.
In this connection, surveillance system has been strengthened at international airports with the use of thermal cameras for all passengers from China via direct or indirect flights, he said, adding that health executives at regional and provincial levels underwent a special training program and that protection means were provided for the regions and provinces.
On Sunday, Morocco repatriated 167 Moroccan nationals, including 52 women, from Wuhan, the epicenter of the coronavirus outbreak.
The repatriated Moroccans have been placed in quarantine for 20 days, under close supervision of medical teams trained for this purpose.