Mauritania: offshore 3D seismic survey

In honoring its initial three-year work commitment with Mauritania concerning the Block C19 which is offshore, Chariot oil and gas has handed out a contract to a Norwegian company, Furgo, to do a 3D seismic survey in the area. In a released statement from Chariot, Furgo will be surveying depths ranging from 30 meters up to 2000 meters and is expected to be concluded in about 90 days from the day the exercise begins. The surveying program is also aimed at identifying possible targets for future exploration.
The surveying is aimed at identifying structural and stratigraphic traps within the Block and upon completion, the company will analyze the results in order to establish plans and define drillable prospects. Positive results of stratigraphic traps will highlight huge potentials for large trap sizes.
Speaking about the contract and the fulfillment of its commitment, Chief executive Paul Welch also showed the company’s gratefulness to the Mauritanian government. He said that they are “very pleased to be able to commence this seismic operation so soon after acquiring the license. This is largely due to the support provided by the Ministries of Environment, Fisheries and Energy and it is this spirit of cooperation that makes Mauritania such a great country in which to conduct our business.” The company has promised to release the results of the process when completed in its released statement.
Block C19 is located offshore. Chariot acquired the Block in April and owns 90% of its working interest and operatorship. “Société Mauritanienne de Hydrocarbures”, a state-owned oil company, owns the remaining 10% of the block.
Chariot is an Africa-focused oil and gas explorer and owns several onshore and offshore oil blocks within the continent.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com